Wednesday 19 May 2010

Dancing in the sunshine!

I had a lovely afternoon dancing in Princes Street Gardens on Saturday!

I had been booked to perform and teach for a hen party - nothing new there. But this one was to take place in Princes Street Gardens (huge park in Edinburgh city centre, very busy!) on a Saturday afternoon. As a result I was quite nervous! I had a struggle finding something to wear that would be warm enough, and that I wouldn't be too upset if it ended up getting a bit damaged from being outside - and that fitted!!

I set off for the bus stop in costume and full make-up (there's nowhere change in a park!) and got half way there when a genius thought occured to me - "why don't I get a taxi??" God I'm smart!!

There were about 30 lovely ladies there, getting ready for the wedding in July. They had been on a scavenger hunt and the bride had no idea what was coming! She was delighted to see me and was keen to boogie on the grass, even if nobody could hear the music (the hen's mum had assured me she had a very loud CD player - she didn't!!) They threw themselves into the warm-up, they were all so excited. After an hour of learning basic moves and a bit of fun choreography, in the sunshine, they were fading a little!

We did get some grief from the local wildlife (the baseball-capped variety) but we were having too much fun to bother. At one point someone ran into our circle with a camera, snapped a photo of the bride, said "thank you, good luck!" and ran away again - she was a total stranger to us all! The things that end up in some people's photo albums...

It was a lovely afternoon and everyone seemed very happy as they headed off to prepare for a few lemonades, no doubt just to re-hydrate after dancing in the sunshine. I am so lucky to have such a fun job!