Wednesday 20 July 2011

Eavesdropping

If you listen to conversations you aren't meant to hear, you might hear things you don't like!

This week I taught a taster session at a community World Fun Day - it turned out to be for mostly (enthusiastic) toddlers. Getting changed in the loos after I overheard...

"Yeah, bellydancing is amazing!" (I smile!)
"Yes, it's so womanly." (I grin!)
"Yes, and what they wear - it's not too revealing, is it? Just fancy and nice." (I nod, I'm in quite a modest bra & belt set after all...)
"It must be so nice, having a night out and getting dressed up like that, I mean, it's not like everyday life." (Yeah...)
"And when they all move together, it's lovely." (Hmm? But I was all alone...)
"And those swords!!" (oh, hang on a minute...)
"And when they danced at the Kirkgate at the opening of the Leith Festival, that was just *amazing*!!" (oh. right. I'll get my coat.)

I am getting used to being usurped by The Twisted Tails! And now, even when they're not actually *there*!! And if they weren't such nice ladies and such spectacular performers, I might get annoyed about it.