Sunday 27 June 2010

Preparing the Hafla programme

I have a fun job tonight - I'm busy with some paper and scissors trying to sort out the running order for this Thursday's Musselburgh Hafla! I'm trying to balance the oriental and the tribal, the solos and the groups, the mainstays and the show-stoppers to make the very best show. I have each name of a slip of paper, and I'm fiddling them around to get the best running order! It is truly exciting!!

We're also going to have a Bellydance Bring-and-Buy sale at the hafla, where dancers can sell their previously-loved items, be they costumes, coin belts or accessories. If you want to sell anything, you need to label it with your name and how much you'd like to get for it (and 'or nearest offer' if you're open to haggling!)

There will be a raffle too, hopefully raising more money for our chosen charity, Children 1st.

What's probably causing more stress is my own performances - making me wish it was a month away instead of just 4 days!!

I hope you can come along - this Thursday, 1st July, at Musselburgh Rugby Club, Stoneyhill Farm Road, Musselburgh. Doors open at 7.30pm, dancing to start at 8pm. All tickets are £5 on the door.